The Chief Medical Officer for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products has released a message for the public concerning the safety of guests with the outbreak of the coronavirus.
“Our onsite health teams and leaders are communicating with our cast members about illness prevention, including the guidance of the (Center for Disease Control),” said Dr. Pamela Hymel. “The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, such as staying home when sick, washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, following proper respiratory cough etiquette, avoiding close contact with people who are sick and avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.”
Dr. Pamela Hymel clearly stated that Disney parks around the world have preventative measures in place such as the following…
- Extra training for Disney Cast Members,
- Extra cleaning and disinfection of high populated areas,
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers,
- Fast response for spills, trash collection, and cases where body fluids are expelled,
- Extra time spent at the end of the day for sanitation of toilets, kitchens and other facilities,
- Regular cleaning of outdoor areas including paths and queue lines.