A Guide to the Best Places to Stay in Florida
Florida, the “Sunshine State,” is a popular destination for tourists worldwide, known for its tropical paradise atmosphere, breathtakingly beautiful beaches, and prominent theme parks. The state offers various choices regarding accommodations, from the bustling cityscapes of Miami to the tranquil beaches of the Florida Keys.
This guide will help you select the perfect Florida destination to match your preferences, highlighting the best places to stay and the most exciting things to do in each location.
1. Orlando: A Family-Friendly Paradise
Orlando in central Florida is a hub for family fun and entertainment. With many theme parks like Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, Orlando guarantees an unforgettable experience for families.
1. Where to Stay
Orlando offers a variety of accommodations to cater to different budgets and preferences:
- Luxury: The Ritz-Carlton Orlando – A luxury hotel featuring multiple restaurants, outdoor swimming pools, a golf course, and a full-service spa.
- Mid-range: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – Located near Universal Studios theme park, this hotel offers plenty of amenities, including a pool and on-site restaurants.
- Budget: Wyndham Garden Orlando Airport – A budget-friendly property offering an outdoor pool, fitness room, restaurant, and business center.
- VRBO: Suburban Oasis Suite – A peaceful suite with access to a covered pool and spa, ideal for relaxation after a day at the theme parks.
2. Exciting Activities in Orlando
- Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios.
- Enjoy a magical day at the Magic Kingdom.
- Take on the challenges at the Tree Trek Adventure Park.
2. Fort Lauderdale: The Small City With A Big Heart
Fort Lauderdale, known for its gondola rides and dubbed the ‘Venice of America,’ offers a quieter, less touristy appeal than Orlando and Miami. If you prefer a smaller city atmosphere, Fort Lauderdale is the perfect place to stay.
1. Where To Lodge In Fort Lauderdale
- Luxury: Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Fort Lauderdale – A luxury hotel boasting three outdoor swimming pools, three restaurants, a spa, and beachfront access.
- Mid-range: Sole – A chic property offering rooms and suites with bay or ocean views.
- Budget: Ocean Beach Club – A budget-friendly option on the coastline, offering heated outdoor pools and comfortable bright rooms.
- VRBO: Corner Unit with Ocean View- Located right on the beachfront, offering a balcony to overlook ocean and bay views.
2. Exciting Activities In Fort Lauderdale
- If you are a shopping enthusiast, visit Las Olas Boulevard.
- If you prefer to ditch the roads, have a gondola ride through the canals.
- If you are done with the shopping and canal rider, visit Hugh Taylor Birch State Park.
3. Miami: The Ultimate First-Time Visitors Choice
Miami, the heart of Florida, is a vibrant city famed for its picturesque beaches, lively nightlife, and endless amusement options. If you’re visiting Florida for the first time, Miami offers a dazzling mix of urban attractions and beach relaxation.
1. Where To Lodge In Miami
There is a wide range of hotels in Miami to suit every budget:
- Luxury: Mandarin Oriental – A high-end hotel boasting floor-to-ceiling window views, a luxury spa, and an on-site restaurant.
- Mid-range: The Guild Downtown – An elegant hotel offering city views, an outdoor pool, and an on-site restaurant.
- Budget: Habitación Centrica – A budget-friendly hotel steps away from the beach, offering outdoor pools and a bar.
- VRBO: Luxury Condo with Bay Views – A luxury condo ideal for couples or solo travellers wanting private space, featuring a balcony with river and bay views.
2. Exciting Activities In Miami
- Sunbathe on the iconic South Beach and Miami Beach.
- Venture on a day trip to the Everglades National Park.
- Explore the boutique shops and restaurants in South Beach.
- Visit Miami’s many art galleries, including the Pérez Art Museum and the Rubell Museum.
4. West Palm Beach: The Quintessential Beach Town
West Palm Beach, one of Florida’s most town-like coastal cities, offers a laid-back atmosphere and a wealth of waterfront parks and beach access. It’s a perfect place to stay for those seeking a beach town vibe.
1. Where To Lodge In West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach offers a variety of accommodations to suit all budgets:
- Luxury: AC Hotel – A luxury hotel offering modern rooms and an outdoor pool.
- Mid-range: Hilton Grand Vacations – A hotel offering a private beach, fitness center, Italian restaurant, and an on-site spa.
- Budget: – Economy Inn West Palm Beach – A straightforward accommodation option offering a gym, free parking, and spacious rooms.
- VRBO: Tropical Cottage near the beach – A private cottage offering ocean views and access to a swimming pool, garden, marina, sports courts, and master bedroom.
2. Exciting Activities In West Palm Beach
- Visit Palm Beach and soak in the sun.
- Visit the Norton Museum of Art.
- Explore Grassy Waters Preserve.
5. Florida Keys: Your Ticket To Ultimate Relaxation
The tropical archipelago of Florida Keys offers the perfect retreat for those seeking to unwind. Comprising over 800 islands, each with its unique charm, the Keys provide diverse relaxation options, making it one of the most attractive destinations in Florida.
1. Where To Lodge In The Florida Keys
The Florida Keys offers various accommodation options to satisfy different tastes:
- Luxury: Little Palm Island Resort – A luxury resort featuring plush bungalows around a heated swimming pool.
- Mid-range: Kimpton Lighthouse Hotel – A boutique hotel offering rooms and suites with tasteful decor, a continental breakfast, and access to a swimming pool, bar, and café.
- Budget: Captain Pip’s Marina & Hideaway – A budget-friendly hotel on the bay, offering a fishing dock, boat rentals, and watersport activities.
- VRBO: Oceanfront Bungalow Haven – A private property that opens onto the ocean, featuring a private dock and access to a heated swimming pool, kids’ pool, marina, sports courts, playground, and boat ramp.
2. Exciting Activities In The Florida Keys
- Relax on one of the stunning white sand beaches.
- If you are an adventurer enthusiast, go paragliding or feed the Tarpon in Islamorada.
- If you are done with the sand, explore the Long Key State Park.
- Visit the southernmost point of the Continental United States.
6. Jacksonville: The Budget-Friendly Option
In northern Florida near the Georgia border, Jacksonville is a bustling city offering many activities and accommodations at lower prices than more touristy cities like Miami—a fantastic location on the Atlantic Ocean coastline.
1. Where To Lodge In Jacksonville
Jacksonville offers a range of accommodations for every budget:
- Luxury: Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront – A luxury hotel boasting floor-to-ceiling window views, a luxury spa, and an on-site restaurant.
- Mid-range: Aloft Jacksonville Airport – A stylish hotel offering modern rooms and an outdoor pool.
- Budget: Candlewood Suites – A budget-friendly hotel offering spacious rooms and a fitness center.
- VRBO: Beachfront Condo with Ocean Views – A beachfront condo offering ocean views from a private balcony.
2. Exciting Activities In Jacksonville
- Learn about the city’s history at Kingsley Plantation.
- Spend a fun day at Shipwreck Island Waterpark.
- Visit historic downtown Fernandina Beach.
7. Panama City: For Watersports Enthusiasts
In northern Florida on the panhandle, Panama City is known for its world-class coastline and exciting watersports. It’s ideal for those who prefer an active holiday and love ocean-related activities.
1. Where To Stay In Panama City
Panama City offers a variety of accommodations for every budget:
- Luxury: Grand Panama Beach Resort- A high-end resort offering ocean views, a private beach area, a spa, modern condos with balconies, and family rooms.
- Mid-range: Seychelles Beach Resort by Vacasa – A resort offering vacation condos for a self-catered experience.
- Budget: Sleep Inn and Suites – A two-star property offering bay or ocean views and a private beach along with wifi, complementary breakfast, and excess to the outdoor pool.
- VRBO: Beachfront Condo with Gulf Views – A gorgeous condo offering Gulf views from a private balcony.
2. Exciting Activities In Panama City
- If you are a water enthusiast, enjoy watersports on Panama City Beach.
- After soaking sun at the beach, visit Shipwreck Island Waterpark.
- When done with waterparks and the beach, you must explore St. Andrews State Park.
8. Naples: The Golfer’s Dream Destination
Naples, located on Florida’s Gulf Coast, is a paradise for golf enthusiasts. Known as one of the top US golf destinations, Naples boasts over ninety golf courses and beautiful beaches, making it a luxurious and sophisticated place to visit.
1. Where To Stay In Naples
Naples offers a variety of accommodations for every budget:
- Luxury: The Escalante – A Mediterranean retreat featuring a heated outdoor pool, spa, tropical garden, and jacuzzi.
- Mid-range: Park Shore Resort – A resort offering one and two-bedroom condos for a self-catered experience.
- Budget: Collins Hotel Naples – The cheapest stay in Naples, offering a complimentary breakfast and an outdoor pool.
- VRBO: Fifth Avenue Condo – A condo located on the iconic Fifth Avenue, minutes from the beach.
2. Exciting Activities In Naples
- Visit the local museums.
- Take a trip to Sanibel Island.
- Shop on Fifth Avenue South or Third Street South.
9. Tampa: The Cultural Hub
Tampa, a bustling hub on the Gulf Coast, is known for its diverse cultural influences, making it a fantastic destination for those interested in culture.
1. Where To Lodge In Tampa
Tampa offers a range of accommodations for all budgets:
- Luxury: Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay – A luxurious hotel offering nature trails, two swimming pools, and an Italian restaurant.
- Mid-range: Sleep Inn and Suites Tampa South – A two-star property offering bay or ocean views and a private beach
- Budget: Gram’s Place Bed and Hostel – A budget-friendly, boho-style hostel offering dorms or private rooms.
- VRBO: Downtown Apartment with Hillsborough River Views – A beautiful riverside property with a large private balcony overlooking Hillsborough River.
2. Exciting Activities In Tampa
- Visit the Tampa Museum of Art.
- Explore Busch Gardens, Theme Park.
- Spend time in Ybor City.
Whether you’re planning to unwind on the beaches of Key West, indulge in the vibrant nightlife of Miami, or immerse yourself in the theme parks of Orlando, Florida, offer something for everyone.
This guide aims to help you make the most of your Florida vacation, providing valuable insights into the best places to stay, unique activities to enjoy, and top-rated accommodations to consider.
Q1: What are the Best Hotels in Florida?
Some of the best hotels in Florida include the Mandarin Oriental in Miami, the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, and the Four Seasons Hotel in Fort Lauderdale.
Q2: What are the Best Places to Stay in Florida for Beaches?
The best places to stay in Florida for beach lovers include Miami, the Florida Keys, and West Palm Beach.
Q3: What is the Most Beautiful Place to Stay in Florida?
The Florida Keys, with their stunning white-sand beaches and diverse wildlife, are arguably the most beautiful place to stay in Florida.
Q4: What are the Best Places to Stay in Florida for Families?
Orlando and West Palm Beach are the best places to stay in Florida for families, thanks to their family-friendly attractions and activities.
Q5: In what Month should you Visit Florida?
The best months to visit Florida are March and April. The weather is warm, and there’s less chance of rain or hurricanes compared to the summer months.